Thursday, August 11, 2016

Physicians Formula Reviews and Their Weak Customer Service

So I have a new baby so posts have been pretty sparse.  And unfortunately, this is not a glowing review.  As you have probably figured out by now, I am on the search for products that are more natural with less chemicals.  But I am a drugstore budget kind of gal.  Which is why I was SO excited when Physicians Formula came out with their organic and natural lines.  But I have kind of just decided that Physicians Formula is just not a brand for me.  First of all, their products just don't perform as I like.  Secondly, I believe they need to revamp their customer service.

Five Physicians Formula Flops
Read on for my mini-reviews of these products.

Physicians Formula Super CC Cream review:  This cream has super light coverage.  I would only wear it on a day when my skin looked fantastic.  And let's be honest, if my skin looks awesome to begin with, I don't even bother with foundation.  Not worth $14.95 retail price.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Cream review:  It comes in very few shades.  This cream stinks, literally.  On their website it is supposed to have a shelf life of two years.  I bought it almost a year ago and am just getting around to using it.  It had a safety foil seal so I thought I would give it try...until I opened it.  So this part of the review can only be taken with a grain of salt.  However, based on my experience with the other four products, I am not too keen on blowing any more money on this brand.  Probably not worth $14.95 retail price.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara review:  Okay, there are some good things to say about this mascara.  It goes on without any clumping and has a very natural look.  But it doesn't lengthen like it should.  Also the brush design is soft, fat, and big.  This is good for the top lashes but not for lower lashes.  Also, it doesn't wear the best and smudges off too easily.  Not worth $9.95 retail price.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Bigger! Better! Lashes! Mascara review:  Sadly, the plastic bristle and odd design of the wand brush ruin this mascara.  The formula clumps up on the wand as you pull it out of the tube.  It goes on clumpy and the plastic bristles don't allow for any correction.  The mascara formula does thicken and lengthen my lashes.  But the wand brush just negates all that. Unfortunately, it also smudges off too easily.  Not worth $9.95 retail price.

Physicians Formula 100% Natural Origin Pressed Bronzer review:  This product did not have good pigment.  It also smelled weird.  Definitely not worth $13.95 retail price.

So these are not the only products in the Physicians Formula sea.  I am sure that there are some keepers.  But this brand is expensive to me, and after trying so many flops in a row, I am just not willing to keep spending my money on this brand.

Physicians Formula Customer Service review:  Also to consider is that this company does not really stand by their products because when I called to relate my experience with the Organic Wear line, the customer service gal seemed more intent upon telling me to return the products to the store rather than carefully documenting my response to the product.  A company should really listen to the experience of a customer so that products can be improved.  (Like the Bigger Better Mascara: I really liked the formula but hated the brush.)  Other brands (like Covergirl and Maybelline) will offer to send a replacement coupon so that you can try another product in their line.  In my experience, Physicians Formula does not do this.  So proceed to buy with caution and also know the return policy of the store you buy if from because Physicians Formula does not mess with customer satisfaction or replacement coupons.

Thanks for reading and I hope to be able to have a glowing review next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment