Friday, February 2, 2018

Smith's Clicklist Tips and Solutions for Frustrating Computer Problems

I had another Smith's Clicklist adventure today.  There were a few "bumps in the road" with this order and I am still learning how to get my order submitted faster, but I am still happy with Smith's Clicklist.

I love being able to shop Smith's super-duper great sales, use coupons, and not even have to step foot into the store.  I feel like a valued customer and I'm saving a lot of time and energy (a big plus for this pregnant mama).  Check out this table full of food...all for a grand total of $105.48 and I'm just a casual couponer these days.
Smith's Clicklist Haul for $105.48
There's a lot of food in that picture, including five pizzas, eight pounds of meat, 12 boxes of cereal, and a Bountiful Basket's worth of produce! :)

I learned some more things that I would like to share with you.

Items missing on Smith's Clicklist online database:  This week Smith's was having a killer deal on Goldfish Crackers (89 cents a package...booyaa!).  But when I typed in Goldfish into the search bar, the only thing that came up was goldfish fish food (umm, not what I was looking for...).  So I tried typing in many different options and finally decided to just call Smith's, and the worker had me type in more variations of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers and even type in the UPC code but...NOPE, still not coming up.  Solution:  She told me to put any brand box of crackers in my cart, then click "View Cart", then type into the comment box (next to the "substitutions allowed" box) what I actually wanted.  Random FYI:  The database is showing Goldfish crackers today.

Flavors missing on Smith's Clicklist online database:  For Dreyer's ice cream, the online database selection did not show a lot of flavors that I knew my local Smith's carried..like Mint Chip.  Solution: Put the brand of ice cream you want into your cart, click "View Cart", then type into the comment box the flavor you actually want.

Putting together an online order is taking too much time:  With all the glitches, it took me a lot of time to get my online order put together.  In addition, I was shopping a Buy__Save___ Mix & Match Sale, I had to make sure that I got the right amount in the cart.  Solution:  I figure this is just a time-sucking "learning curve" and that I will be able to get my online shopping cart into order faster and faster.  I had to take some deep breaths and remind myself that I wasn't having to go from aisle to aisle myself and still saving time.  Also, if I was not shopping the sales specifically and just stocking up for the week, there is a "Start My Cart" tab which show items that you personally buy on a regular basis.  Just a few click click clicks, and you are on your way.

Substitutions and Items out of Stock:  So they didn't have a couple of items that I wanted and they made substitutions.  Solutions:  What was great about the substitutions is that the associates knew that I was shopping the Mix&Match sale, and so they made substitutions in a way that I would still be able to get all the needed items to still qualify for the sale.  For example, they gave me two more boxes of Post Shredded Wheat to make up for the two boxes of Post Blueberry Sunrise I ordered that actually weren't part of the Mix&Match sale.  I was totally fine with this.  I would not have been fine with them giving me sugary cereal substitute.  The associates that were serving me were obviously well-trained in how to substitute items and also brought these substitutes to my attention as we went over my order.  So be reasonably flexible!  You can read more about how Smith's does substitutions here.

So...don't give up on learning Smith's Clicklist.  I'm not giving up, even with the learning curve frustrations I've encountered, because the time&energy-saving potential of Smith's Clicklist is just plain awesome.  And don't forget, the service fee is waived for your first three orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment