Friday, March 22, 2019

Best Stovetop Cleaners

Stovetop Cleaner Test 1:
Purpose: Test different cleaning methods on the stove top.
Method: I divided bottom left burner into four sections.  I timed myself for one minute cleaning with four different cleaners.
Cleaners to be tested: Shaklee Scour Off, rubbing alcohol, E-cloth Stove & Range, and Magic Eraser.
Cleaning with Shaklee Scour Off, rubbing alcohol, E-cloth, Magic Eraser
Results:  Magic Eraser was the clear winner.  It thoroughly cleaned it's section within a minute. Second place was Shaklee Scour Off. In third place was the E-cloth stove and range cloth. The clear loser was rubbing alcohol.

Magic eraser wins, followed by Shaklee Scour Off. But Arm & Hammer baking soda has a surprise for us.

After Test 1, that burner still had spots that had not been cleaned.  So, out of curiosity, I pulled out some baking soda.  I used baking soda and a wet washcloth.  I cleaned for 1 minute, timed. The baking soda was amazing! It finished the job of that all floor cleaners had left behind.
Arm & Hammer Baking Soda cleaned up all the stuff that the cleaners from test one couldn't.

Stovetop Cleaner Test 2:  I mimicked test one, only this time using Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and Magic Eraser.
Results:  Baking soda was the clear winner.  The magic eraser did a good enough job and would have cleaned it all if I had more than just one minute. But the baking soda cleaned it all in less than a minute.
Note: The baking soda does leave much more cleaning residue than Magic Eraser.
Baking soda is better than magic eraser at cleaning stovetop.

Real life application: If someone came over to my house unexpectedly and I needed to clean off my stove top super fast, I would reach for the Magic Eraser and do as much cleaning as I could and then stash it away, because there is hardly any cleaning residue.  However, if I had time to clean up cleaning residue (ironic statement...haha),  I would use baking soda which cleans much faster and much more thoroughly, and then spend a bit of extra time cleaning up the baking soda residue.

How about you?  What cleaners do you like to use for your stovetop?

No comments:

Post a Comment