Tuesday, September 21, 2021

ALL the Silver Dollar City Skillets in One Place!

Do you love Silver Dollar City skillets as much as I do?  Then you have come to the right place.  Silver Dollar City lists the ingredients of the food they sell on their website.  But I wanted all the info about their skillets in one place so I could recreate their tasty skillets.  So here you go!  I actually printed this out and taped it to my Cajun seasoning container so I can have it where I need it most.

Silver Dollar City Skillets:

Medley: Red potatoes, onions, red & green peppers, corn, smoked sausage.

Calico:  White & sweet potatoes, onions, peppers, smoked sausage.

Harvest:  Carrots, red potatoes, green & yellow string beans, ham.

Jambalaya:  Onions, red & green peppers, celery, tomatoes, rice, bacon, sausage, chicken

Family Feud Succotash:  Onions, peppers, summer squash, fried okra, corn, chicken

Southwest Chicken: Black beans, chickpeas corn, rice, chicken, pepper-jack cheese, enchilada sauce, cilantro

Fajita Skillet:  Red potatoes, onions, red & green peppers, onions, grilled chicken, chipotle lime sauce

Pulled Pork Skillet:  Bacon (remove and reserve and cook everything in the fat), potatoes, onions, pulled pork, BBQ Sauce

How to Cook Silver Dollar City Skillets:

Cooking skillet or hash meals like this is kind of like cooking Asian stirfry, with only longer cooking times.  

1. Prep all your ingredients into bite-size pieces.

2.  Heat skillet to piping hot (medium-high).

3.  Add in oil/fat and then cook veggies one by one with splashes of oil/fat.  I listed the ingredients in each recipe above in the order that I think they should be cooked.  I listed the meats at the end because I generally cook with pre-cooked meats and you don't want the meats to dry out.  If you are cooking meats raw, then you want to cook them first in oil and remove & reserve them for the end.

4.  Season liberally with 1-3 tsp cajun seasoning throughout the cooking process.

What Seasoning Does Silver Dollar City Use?

After skimming a few recipe discussion boards and threads on forums, I can "hearsay" report that they currently use Black Kettle Seasoning (Silver Dollar City sells it at Sullivan's Mill, I think), although some of the restaurants may also use Tony Sacheres Creole Seasoning.  Each restaurant in Silver Dollar City runs itself, so they don't all follow the same mold.  

If you don't want to go through the back and forth ordering process of Black Kettle, then I recommend you go with Tony Sacheres Lite, Ragin Cajun, or Penzey's Cajun.  Or just do a sprinkling of seasoning salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.

Want More Silver Dollar City Recipes?

Yeah, me too!  The Food Channel actually did a recipe series, courtesy of the Culinary School at Silver Dollar City.

Do you have any Silver Dollar City food secrets?  Please comment and share below.  Also, you are welcome to print this out and tape it on your seasoning bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment