Friday, December 31, 2021

Putting Calphalon's Lifetime Warranty to the Test

One of the selling factors for me to buy the Calphalon's Contemporary Nonstick fry pan set from Bed Bath and Beyond was that Calphalon advertised a lifetime warranty.

After years of regular use, the nonstick ability of my pans was mostly gone.  So I decided to test out Calphalon's life warranty.

Does Calphalon warranty work 

I filed a claim online and am happy to report that my replacement pans came in about 75 days.  They sent me an upgrade because they are no longer making the Contemporary line.

There was a lot of emailing back and forth and either Calphalon or FedEx made a mistake with the first shipment, so another one had to be ordered.  

Calphalon did not require me to return the original pans but I did have to take many pictures of each item.  Do not throw away your old pans without submitting those photos.

Here are a couple tips:

  • Be diligent in contacting the person that Calphalon assigns to your claim.  Doing so will help your claim move forward.
  • If you purchased from Bed Bath & Beyond, Costco or any other establishment with stellar return policies, then I would recommend going into the store and seeing what they can do instead of filing a claim with Calphalon.  Since I live in the middle of nowhere, this was not an option for me.  If I had done that I am sure that Bed Bath & Beyond would have worked with me, and I wouldn't have had to wait so long for a replacement.
What about you?  Have you had an experience with Calphalon's lifetime warranty that you would like to share?  What other brands' lifetime warranties have you put to the test?

No comments:

Post a Comment