Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Annmarie Dead Sea Facial Scrub Review

Have you ever heard of Annmarie Gianni Skin Care?  I hadn't until I started trying to find the ultimate skin care company and was reading an article (can't remember where) and the author said that Annmarie was very diligent in sourcing her ingredients.  I contacted the company to learn more and long story short, they ended up sending me six of their products to try out.  How generous and brave is that!?!  I will review all of their products in coming posts, but I first wanted to let you know the one thing that stands out about all of Annmarie's products.

Using Annmarie skin care is the ultimate aromatic experience.  It is hard to describe but when I use them I breathe more deeply.  I try to place the scent, and think, "now what does this remind me of".  I guess I am a dominant smell person. ;)  So thanks Annmarie for filling your products with pure ingredients and scents that I am not afraid to breathe!  Okay, now on to the review.

Annmarie Dead Sea Facial Scrub
This a (50 ml) jar for $39.95, which should last about five months (or 28 scoops).  This is for all skin types EXCEPT those with sensitive skin.

This scrub looks like a gray mess but it smells intensely
AMAZING and REFRESHING.  And it only has five simple ingredients (Dead Sea mud, glycerin, siliceous earth, lavender oil, rosemary extract).
What I love about this scrub is its versatility.  I use it as an intense scrub (very gently or else my face turns red), sparsely combined with the Aloe-Herb Facial Cleaner for a less intense exfoliation, and as a face mask.  It is highly effective at exfoliating.  Also, the company reports that:
"Due to the unique location and geography of the Dead Sea, the clay contains many nourishing minerals including calcium, which is known to help clear up your skin, bromine which is very soothing, and sulfur which is highly detoxifying."
One really cool thing that I learned in my research is that it is best to exfoliate in the morning because most cell turnover happens in the night.  Cool, huh?  My natural instinct would have been the opposite.

So, is it a safe, healthy, and effective microdermabrasion?  Check, Check, Check!  The bonus: I can rejoice in the smell as I use it.

One of the things that I don't rejoice in is the price.  I didn't "glow for hours on end" like it claimed I would, or else I would be telling you to speed click your way on over to their website and buy it without delay.  I did love how my face felt super smooth and refreshed, and I am in love with how it smells, so I ultimately would say that it would be a good product to splurge on, perhaps around Christmas or Mother's Day.  Because of its price, I would recommend trying it out before you buy a full size.

How to sample:
This is what Annmarie says about how to sample their products:
"When you get a [sample] kit, you also get free shipping...and a $10.00 off coupon that you can use on a future purchase. This means if you like the line, which we're sure you will, your sample kit was essentially free!"
Note:  This scrub is not part of their $10 sample kit.  It is part of their $20 sample kit (but you still only get a $10 voucher with the $20 kit).  I wish so badly that their $20 sample kit came with a $20 voucher!  I think that it would be a wise business move for them if they considered doing this.  The sample kits are tiny and are meant to last 2-5 days.  You cannot use the voucher to buy another sample kit.

When you order in the future, shipping within the domestic states is a flat $4.95 standard shipping for any weight.

Abi-Saves Tip: For the best bang for your buck, I recommend that you purchase a sample kit, and then use the $10 voucher to buy your favorite product OR buy a travel kit.  I think these travel kits are actually a better value (ml for ml) than buying full-sized.

Annmarie Customer Support and Return Policy:  I have had wonderful and speedy support from her company.  Employee Lisa has been great at answering questions and also giving suggestions on dealing with any problem I've encountered.  They want you to love their products as much as they do and will treat your concerns with a personal touch.  I think their return policy is good and would order with confidence.

Thanks again, Annmarie!

No comments:

Post a Comment