Here is a picture with Hypnose on one eye lashes (to your left) and Hypnose Drama on the other eye lashes (to your right).
Here is a basic breakdown of each mascara, starting with their formula and wand traits, moving on to how they apply, and then how they wear throughout the day.
- Tube Facts: Price is $27.50 and Lancome advertises this mascara as "Buildable Volume for Custom Lash Results". The wand brush is straight and the bristles, which are soft/hairlike, spiral around it.
- Application: Applying this mascara was very easy and fast for me. The formula is thick but does not clump upon application. I love how smoothly it goes on for both top and bottom lashes, and that you can layer it without it getting clumpy. It looks gorgeous and very natural upon application.
- Wear: The good thing about this mascara is that there is very little fall-out. It was still on my lashes by the end of the day and very little had strayed to my lower eye area. However, there are two things that I did not like about this mascara and these things were quick to manifest themselves. First of all, it did not hold the curl of my lashes. I applied the mascara quickly after curling them so that I could have as much curl as possible. But it quickly fizzled out (like within minutes). Secondly, it made my eye lashes group together and not stay separate. This also happened minutes after application.
- BOTTOM-LINE: Despite how flawlessly and gorgeously this mascara went on, its flawless look did not last long. I cannot recommend this mascara, especially at its high price.
- Tube Facts: Price is $27.50 and Lancome advertises this mascara as "Instant Volume Mascara With No Clumps". The wand brush is S-shaped and the bristles, which are soft/hairlike, spike out of it.
- Application: Applying the mascara was not easy or fast for me. The thick formula comes out clumpy on the wand brush. After I wipe off the excess, the first coat on the top lashes is a breeze. The second and any following coats are very clumpy. For the bottom lashes, the first and any following coasts are clumpy and messy. I had to go through my lashes with a blank wand that I use when I need to fix mascara clumps. This application time was slow.
- Wear: I hate to say this, but this mascara also did not wear well. It did not hold lash curl and it did not keep my lashes defined and separate.
- BOTTOM-LINE: This mascara was too difficult to apply, did not layer well, and did not wear well. I cannot recommend this mascara, especially at its high price.