Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Does Bissell Honor Their Warranty?

I have previously waxed poetic about our old Bissell Powerforce vacuum which is sadly no more.  I sent hubby off to buy the exact thing but he came back with a bagless version called Powerforce Helix.  It worked great, then the cord winder thing snapped off and then it just died this past month.  I'm telling you, people.  There is no school like the old school.  Companies just don't make things like they used to.

I started researching new vacuums to buy and ended up calling Bissell's commercial center because I figured a commercial vacuum would be better than a typical household vacuum.  I learned from the associate some interesting tidbits.  It is better to buy a household vacuum with a long warranty than a commercial vacuum because commercial vacuums are considered even more disposable than household vacuums AND their warranties typically are for one year only.  So then I called the regular Bissell company (1-800-237-7691) and expressed my frustration that my vacuum had died.  Here is what happened.

They asked if they could refer me to one of their repair centers.  I responded that I would rather buy a new vacuum and could he transfer me to someone who could help me decide which model to choose.  At which point he informed me that my vacuum was still under warranty and they were going to send me a new one.

It came.

Bissell honors their warranty
Our new Bissell vacuum already put to work.

It came within a week.  I didn't have to send the old vacuum back.  I didn't have to pay to ship the new one.  All I had to provide was a picture of our broken vacuum.  Honestly, I was shocked.  I just assumed that my warranty was fluff that the company would try to weasel their way out of it and didn't even attempt to go the warranty route.  But the Bissell associate wanted to make things right and honor the warranty.

Isn't that cool?  Bissell actually stands by their warranties.  This whole experience sealed the deal.  I'll probably be a Bissell customer for life.  What a refreshing experience!

NOTE:  I had gone online and filled out registered my warranty with Bissell at the time of purchase last year.  Always fill out and submit those warranty registrations because companies apparently actually keep them on file!

No comments:

Post a Comment