Friday, August 4, 2017

Mega Magnetic Tile Review Series: My Little Architect Magnetic Tiles Review

My kids will play for HOURS with magnetic tiles. I keep the fun going with a little bit of "oohing/aahing" and the reminder to "go get" whatever little figures or animals will add to the fun. Seriously, my kids impress me each time they play with magnetic tiles. Those little minds are smart and creative, and magnetic tiles are like fuel for the flame. Here's a review on one of the sets that my kids play with.

Snippet from Amazon
I would like to thank AE Labs for sending me a free set of My Little Architect magnetic tiles to blog review. It is a great addition to our collection and a fabulous introduction to my mega magnetic tile review series.

My Little Architect magnetic tiles set (priced $39.95 on Amazon) has 60 pieces (colored purple, yellow, red, green, and blue) in a variety of shapes.


Currently priced $39.95 on Amazon, this set averages $.067 per tile, which is a fabulous price. Please read on for more details! :)

Appearance: The tiles are level and smooth on the outside, and made with high grade ABS that is BPA-free and Phthalate-free. There are metal grommets/rivets and inside lattices in this tiles for added stability and strength. I should note the the large tiles in this set have only one set of cross stabilizers. See below.



Magnetic Strength:  I would have liked stronger magnets. But my kids didn't mention it, so the magnetic strength of these tiles didn't interfere with my kids creating all sorts of fun things. See below for specific magnetic strength test results.

Safety: Conforms to applicable tests, like the EN71 and ASTM F963.

Company:  As you have probably gathered from my other reviews, quality products and stellar customer service go hand in hand. The folks behind My Little Architect are dedicated to safety, durability, and good customer service. They have been responsive and courteous in all our interactions. Their tiles come with:
  • 30-day satisfaction guarantee
  • 1-year factory warranty
Unique Traits: Specialty squares and gate pieces aren't typical in magnetic tile sets of this size. Usually, you have to buy a 100+ piece or specialty sets in order to get pieces like those. Also, the clarity of these transparent tiles is strikingly crisp when I compare them to other brands.


My kids had a blast creating structures with this My Little Architect set.


If you have more than one child, you will want more than 60 tiles. You should aim to have 60-80 tiles per child. I recommend supplementing this set with another specialty set that features some of your child's favorite pieces. For us, it is Shape Mags tunnels. The more tiles you have per child, the less arguing over pieces there will be. Also, divide the tiles by color and let each child play with that color to cut back even further on fights.

At our house, whenever we play with magnetic tiles, we have a saying that we sing multiple times per playing session. Sung to the tune of "She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain", it goes like this:
YEP.  You're gonna want something jazzy like that up your sleeve. Because these tiles aren't meant to create permanent structures. They are about building and disassembling with ease. For example, my darling 3-yr old decided she had enough of one structure, and with a wave of her hand, the structure was felled and she was ready to build something different.

What about you? Do you have a favorite brand of magnetic tiles or one that interests you? Tell us in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment